115+ Stores Offering Discounts for College Students
Isn’t it funny that some of our happiest, most exciting, and carefree years – our college years – are also some of our poorest? Since we’re all getting into the back-to-school spirit, we put together a list of 70-plus discounts for starving college students.
Any student or parent with a student in college will tell you that college can be a stressful time on a family’s budget. For both students and parents, balancing tuition expenses, grocery bills, rent, and transportation costs can be a juggling act. Here are a few ways to ease the financial stress of a college education.
Student Travel Discounts
College offers students a plethora of travel opportunities. Whether your student is studying abroad in Europe or celebrating spring break in Mexico, there are a number of student discounts on flight, hotels, hostels, activities, and even traveler’s insurance available to students. We found a variety of fantastic travel discount websites, some of which are exclusive to students:
- CheapAir: $10 Off Any Flight
- Easy Rent Cars: $20 off over $200
- Eurail: People 27 or younger can get a Eurail Youth Pass which gives you 23% off standard adult prices.
- Student Universe
Clothing Discounts for Students
- ’47 Brand: 20% Student Discount
- Ardene: Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off
- ASOS: Student get 10% off any order by registering with UNiDAYS or ASOS.
- Atom Retro: 15% Student Discount
- Banana Moon: 10% Student Discount
- Banana Republic: 15% off your full-priced purchases in-store.
- boohooMAN: 10% off
- Brastop: Up to 80% sale + 11% extra Student Discount
- Charles & Keith: 10% Student Discount
- Chicloth: 12% Student Discount
- Club Monaco: 15% off when you register with a .edu email address
- Daniel Wellington: 15% Student Discount
- Dearfoams: 10% Student Discount
- DressLily: 15% off + free shipping over $45
- ECHT: 15% Student Discount
- Express: Get 15% off both online and in-store.
- Goodwill: 10% off in-store purchases with a student ID at participating locations.
- Hawes & Curtis: 15% Student Discount
- Helly Hansen: 10% Student Discount
- Hunter: 15% Student Discount
- J. Crew: 15% off regular-priced items.
- Kate Spade: Get 15% off at katespade.com when you join the student program.
- Katy Perry Collections: 15% Student Discount
- Levi’s: College students can benefit from a 25% discount.
- Lolë: 20% Student Discount
- Madewell: College students get a 15% discount
- Menlo House: 10% Student Discount
- Missguided: 50% Student Discount
- Modcloth: College students get 25% off their first order.
- PF Flyers: 15% Student Discount
- Schutz Shoes: 20% Student Discount
- Sweaty Betty: 20% Student Discount
- Ted Baker: 15% Student Discount
- TOMS: 10% off
- Topman: 10% Student Discount
- Topshop: 10% off online orders with student verification.
- Urban Outfitters: Get 10% off online when you register.
Computers, Electronics and Accessories Discounts for Students
- Acer: 10% Student Discount + Free Shipping
- Adobe: Students save 60% on Creative Cloud.
- Adorama: Students who register can access discounts on select items.
- AT&T: Many schools provide student discounts through AT&T.
- B&H Photo: exclusive discounts and free shipping on most orders.
- Best Buy: Get exclusive student deals that provide savings on current prices.
- Dell University: Up to $400 off computers
- ESR: 25% Student Discount
- HideMyAss! VPN: 20% Student Discount
- JourneyEd: provides student discounts on computers, electronics, software, and other college necessities
- Linksys: Up to 25% Student Discount
- Microsoft: Exclusive student pricing on laptops, Surface, accessories, and more.
- myLAB Box: 15% Student Discount
- Red Magic: 5% Student Discount
- Sprint: Many schools provide student discounts through Sprint Works.
- ThinkEDU: Student discounts on software, textbooks, dorm supplies, Apple products, collegiate apparel and more
- Verizon: Many schools provide student discounts through Verizon. Check if you are eligible here.
Health & Beauty Discounts for Students
- Corepower Yoga: Get student discounts on classes and memberships when you show your student ID. Participation may vary.
- IdealFit: 23% Student Discount
- Kneipp: 15% Student Discount
- Milk Makeup: 10% Student Discount
- Revolution Beauty: 10% Student Discount
- Sand & Sky: 15% Student Discount
- Strawberrynet: 10% Student Discount
- Vivo Life: 10% Student Discount
Entertainment Discounts for Students
- AMC Theatres: Show your student ID on Thursdays and get movie ticket discounts.
- The Art Institute of Chicago: $75 annual student membership.
- Broadway in Chicago: Ticket prices as low as $14.50 for select performances.
- Carnegie Hall: $10 student tickets are available for selected Carnegie Hall presentations.
- Denver Art Museum: Admission is $8 for college student residents and $10 if you’re not a resident.
- Ikon Base Pass: Up to 20% off Ikon Pass multi-resort season ski pass for Colorado ski resorts.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art: $12 admission for students with a valid ID.
- New England Aquarium: College students enjoy $2 off one full-priced adult Aquarium admission ticket.
- Regal Theaters: Discounts vary by location.
- Spotify: Spotify Premium + Hulu and SHOWTIME is $4.99 per month for students.
Books, Magazines, and Newspaper Student Discounts
- The New York Times: Enjoy a 50% off academic rate.
- The Wall Street Journal: Students can get exclusive semester student rates and annual student rates.
Food Discounts for Students
- Arby’s: Students get a 10% discount with their student ID. Varies by location.
- Burger King: 10% off at participating locations.
- Dairy Queen: Discounts vary by location.
- Dominos Pizza: Various student discounts based on location.
- Papa John’s: Discount varies by location. Participating locations only.
- Pizza Hut: 10%-20% off varying by location. Participating locations only.
- Qdoba: Discount varies by location and is subject to restaurant participation.
- Subway: 10% off at participating locations.
- Taco Cabana: 20% off varying by location.
- Waffle House: Participating locations only, discount may vary.
Insurance Discounts for Students
- Allstate: Students under that age of 25 can save up to 20% for getting good grades.
- Farmers: Students between the ages of 16-24 can qualify for a “Good Student Discount”
- Geico: Full time students with a good academic record can be eligible for up to a 15% discount on certain coverages.
- Nationwide: Students between the ages of 16 and 24 may be eligible for a “Good Student Discount”
- State Farm: You can get up to 25% with the “Good Student Discount”
Jewelry, Bags & Accessories Discounts for Students
- AUrate New York: 15% Student Discount
- Baggallini: 10% Student Discount
- Blue Nile: 15% Student Discount on Regular Priced Jewelry
- Jomashop: $10 off a $100+ spend
- Kipling: 15% Student Discount
- Prive Revaux: 10% Student Discount
Flowers and Gifts Student Discounts
- 1-800-Flowers.com: 20% Student Discount
- Redbubble: 15% Student Discount
- The MET Store: 15% Student Discount
Moving Discounts for Students
- Bellhops: $20 off moving services with code “student20”
- Penske: College students get 10% off on all truck rentals plus an additional 10% discount if you book your one-way rental online.
- SMARTBOX Portable Moving & Storage: Mention that you’re a student or faculty member during the free quote process and get a discount on your moving and storage services!
Other Student Discounts
- Amazon Student: Free Amazon Prime trial for 6 months; includes delivery benefits, as well as exclusive ways to shop and stream.
- Design By Humans: 20% Student Discount
- FedEx: Enjoy 20-30% off with your student ID card.
- The GM College Discount: Offers savings on Chevrolet, Buick or GMC cars.
- jClub: 20% Student Discount
- Proviz: 20% Student Discount
- RDX Sports: 10% Student Discount
- Sam’s Club: Sign up for the Collegiate Annual Membership and get discounts all year.
Choosing your student discount strategy is up to you, but students should be aware that there are always discounts to take advantage of. After all, our college years fly by, and “real world” prices can wait until after graduation.
Make sure to check out our compilation of Teacher Discounts that can help your favorite professors save big!
Are we missing any student discounts? Leave a comment and we will update our list!